Remote Learning May 4th - 8th
Wow! Can you believe that it is May? We have accomplished so many things these past couple months, and I am so proud of each and every one of you! We are in our last month of school, so continue to persevere and let’s finish strong!
Tips for this week:
- Our kiddos are almost in THIRD GRADE and we want to make sure they are as prepared as possible! The lessons and assignments in Google Classroom are important building blocks for what they will learn next school year. Please know that although there are no specific due dates, we don't want students to miss any instruction and have lessons piled up. We recommend your child get as many assignments done by Friday, so they can relax and play on the weekends!
- The lessons and assignments are designed for students to complete independently. We do recommend that you still double check their assignments have been completed and turned in.
- If you or your child notice that they have past weeks still up in their Google Classroom, that means those assignments have either not yet been completed or they may need to go back and fix something
- Please have them check these.
If you have not done so, it might be beneficial to help your child create a daily/weekly schedule to stick to. Kids are generally more successful when they have a routine they can count on! For example, if they know they will get to go outside or play a game after Math, they may work harder to get it done to get that reward.
What We’re Learning Next Week
- Reading: Inquiry and Research Informational Research Process
- Word Work: Read Words with r-controlled vowels
- Writing: Writing the End of your small moments story
- Math: Multi-step Word Problems
- Science: Animal Dependency
- Social Studies: Continent and Oceans
Enemy Pie by Mrs. Stevens
Math-terpieces by Mrs. Kras
Ms. Coco is Loco! Chapters 8 - 10 by Mrs. Short
Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes by Ms. Mace