Miss Yarson's Home Page
Welcome to Pre-k!
My name is Miss Yarson and I will be your child's Pre-K teacher this year! This is your child's first experience with school and I want it to be a positive one! Our year will be full of fun learning and new adventures. I hope to instill a love of learning that will last a lifetime!
I grew up in Pennsylvania right outside of Philadelphia. Once I graduated from high school I moved to Texas to attend college at The University of Houston. Go Coogs! I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Teaching and Learning with supplementals in ESL and special education. My dream was to become a teacher and I now get to live that dream every day at Decker Prairie!
Please always feel free to reach out to me with questions or concerns!
Conference time: 11:45-12:30pm
Some things we could always use in our classroom...
- Laminator sheets
- Paper towels
- Baby wipes
- Shaving cream (unscented cream)
- Expo markers
8:10 - 8:40 - Fine motor/Table work/Busy Binders/Potty
8:40 - 9:10 - Breakfast
9:10 - 9:20 - Call of Excellence
9:20 -9:40 - Morning Circle/Green Circle
9:40-10:00 Phonemic Awareness
10:20-10:30 Potty/snack/read aloud
10:30-10:45 ELA Mini Lesson
10:45-11:15 Language Arts Activity/Literacy Centers (2 rotations)
11:30-11:45 Yoga/Read Aloud
11:45-12:40 Rest Time
12:40-1:00 Wake Up/Potty/Music and Movement
1:30-1:45 Math Circle/Calendar
1:45-2:00 Math Mini Lesson
1. We will value one another as unique and special individuals.
2. We will not laugh at or make fun of a person's mistakes nor use sarcasm or put-downs.
3. We will use good manners, saying "please", "thank you", and "excuse me" and allow others to go first.
4. We will cheer each other to success.
5. We will help one another whenever possible.
Calendar for 2021-2022 School Year