Week of September 19-23
- Sight words: get, if, am
- Letters/sounds: Ee, Rr, Bb, Yy, Mm
- Readers’ Workshop: I can retell a story and identify the characters and setting.
- Writers’ Workshop: I can write a page with a focused idea, and match my illustrations to my writing.
- Social Studies: I can identify the Texas flag and recite the Texas pledge.
- Science: I can identify and record the relative mass of objects, and classify objects based on temperature.
- Math Workshop: I can find the length of an object using non-standard units. I can compare the lengths of two different objects.
Ways to help at home:
- Practice proper pencil grip and name writing.
- Use the letter sound cards, numbers 0-5 cards, and sight word cards to help students retain knowledge of these skills.
- Discuss the shape of different objects, both 2D and 3D. Go on a shape hunt!