My name is Mrs. Wade and I am so excited to teach AB at Decker Prairie! More importantly, I am THRILLED to be your child’s teacher! It’s going to be a fun year full of lots of learning and new adventures and I can’t wait to see what the year has in store for us.
I moved to Texas from Mississippi when I was in junior high and attended Tomball schools until I graduated. I am the oldest of three! I have a younger brother, Sam, and younger sister, Savannah. In June of 2011 I married my best friend, Richard. We have a wonderful, happy little girl named Remington who just turned seven this summer and will be in 2nd grade here at Decker Prairie. We also have a fun and spunky little boy, Ryder, that will be three in October.
After I graduated from Tomball High School I attended Lonestar College received my Associates Degree in Early Childhood. I taught Pre-K for five years then decided to go back to school. In 2009, I moved to Nacogdoches and went to Stephen F. Austin State University where I majored in Early Childhood Education. I graduated from SFA with my Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies in 2011. All through school I couldn’t wait to graduate and start teaching. This is my sixth year teaching at Decker Prairie Elementary.
I have a fun filled year planned and am so excited to share it with you. Please feel free to contact me at any time with any questions or concerns.
(281)357-3134 x 3060
2nd Grade Music Program
- Please send jackets to school with your child! Please write their name on the inside label.
- Please remember to preregister your Grownup to expedite your check-in process for Donuts With Grownups, and to get more information about the event. Please view our Donuts with grownups.pdf flyer (link to preregistration in on the flyer). This preregistration form closes at 12:00 on November 13th PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL VISITORS, REGARDLESS OF PREREGISTRATION, WILL NEED TO SHOW ID AT THE DOOR.
Math questions to ask your child at home
- What were the main mathematical concepts or ideas that you learned today or that we discussed in class today?
- What questions do you still have about ______ ? If you don’t have a question, write a similar problem and solve it instead.
- Describe a mistake or misconception that you or a classmate had in class today. What did you learn from this mistake or misconception?
- How did you or your group approach today’s problem or problem set? Was your approach successful? What did you learn from your approach?
- Describe in detail how someone else in class approached a problem. How is their approach similar or different to the way you approached the problem?
- What new vocabulary words or terms were introduced today? What do you believe each new word means? Give an example/picture of each word.
- What was the big mathematical debate about in class today? What did you learn from the debate?
- How is __________ similar or different to ___________?
- What would happen if you changed ____________?
- What were some of your strengths and weaknesses in this unit? What is your plan to improve in your areas of weakness?