2nd Grade Music Program
On Thursday, November 7th you are cordially invited to attend your child’s grade level music program. During the program children will perform patriotic songs to honor our Veterans. Warm-up starts at 6:15 p.m. in the gym, with the performance beginning promptly at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Please have your child wear any combination of red, white, and blue and long pants (dresses/skirts are allowed). It is important that every child support their class by attending the program. If your child is unable to attend, please send a note or e-mail immediately. Thank you for your time and support. We look forward to seeing your family on November 7th at 6:15 p.m.
11/1 Fri: Picture make-ups
11/7 2nd Grade Music Program (Honoring Veterans)
11/8 2nd Grade Field Trip
- Please send jackets to school with your child! Please write their name on the inside label.
- Please remember to preregister your Grownup to expedite your check-in process for Donuts With Grownups, and to get more information about the event. Please view our Donuts with grownups.pdf flyer (link to preregistration in on the flyer). This preregistration form closes at 12:00 on November 13th PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL VISITORS, REGARDLESS OF PREREGISTRATION, WILL NEED TO SHOW ID AT THE DOOR.
Math questions to ask your child at home
- What were the main mathematical concepts or ideas that you learned today or that we discussed in class today?
- What questions do you still have about ______ ? If you don’t have a question, write a similar problem and solve it instead.
- Describe a mistake or misconception that you or a classmate had in class today. What did you learn from this mistake or misconception?
- How did you or your group approach today’s problem or problem set? Was your approach successful? What did you learn from your approach?
- Describe in detail how someone else in class approached a problem. How is their approach similar or different to the way you approached the problem?
- What new vocabulary words or terms were introduced today? What do you believe each new word means? Give an example/picture of each word.
- What was the big mathematical debate about in class today? What did you learn from the debate?
- How is __________ similar or different to ___________?
- What would happen if you changed ____________?
- What were some of your strengths and weaknesses in this unit? What is your plan to improve in your areas of weakness?