Math questions to ask your child at home
- What were the main mathematical concepts or ideas that you learned today or that we discussed in class today?
- What questions do you still have about ______ ? If you don’t have a question, write a similar problem and solve it instead.
- Describe a mistake or misconception that you or a classmate had in class today. What did you learn from this mistake or misconception?
- How did you or your group approach today’s problem or problem set? Was your approach successful? What did you learn from your approach?
- Describe in detail how someone else in class approached a problem. How is their approach similar or different to the way you approached the problem?
- What new vocabulary words or terms were introduced today? What do you believe each new word means? Give an example/picture of each word.
- What was the big mathematical debate about in class today? What did you learn from the debate?
- How is __________ similar or different to ___________?
- What would happen if you changed ____________?
- What were some of your strengths and weaknesses in this unit? What is your plan to improve in your areas of weakness?