What's Happening at DPES?
- Fri., May 11, Moms and Muffins
- Mon., May 14, 3rd Grade Math STAAR
- Tues., May 15, 3rd Grade Reading STAAR
- Fri., May 24, Reading Rally
- Wed., May 30, End of Year Class Parties, 2:30-3:30
- Th., May 31, Last Day of School-- Early Release @ 12:50
DPES 3rd and 4th Grade CHAMP Camp
May 7-11, 2018
DPES 3rd and 4th grade students are all CHAMPIONS! In order to review for the upcoming STAAR Math and STAAR Reading tests on May 14th and 15th, students will be taking part in engaging review games.
To make this more fun or our students, students are also invited to dress up each day based on the sport of the day!
- Monday, May 7th – Charge the STAAR: wear basketball attire or a jersey
- Tuesday, May 8th – Tackle the STAAR: wear football jersey or T-shirt
- Wednesday, May 9th- Diving Toward STAAR Success: wear swim caps and googles, bring a towel to sit on (no bathing suits, please)
- Thursday, May 10th- Knock STAAR Out of the Park: wear baseball attire or a jersey
- Friday, May 11th-Our Team is Going to SOCK the STAAR: wear your class shirt and crazy socks
*Please remember all outfits for the week mustfollow school dress code*
- identify important details vs. interesting details within a text, especially nonfiction text
- use text to support answer choices
- work on using their reading strategies within text
- draw conclusions (using only the text) & make inferences (using both the text and their own information, meaning their knowledge and experiences).
- use text to support answers
- We will not be doing any more STAAR Reading Homework.
- Students will be learning about money, economics and financial
responsibility. Don’t be surprised if your child starts discussing
allowance and savings with you!